Sunday, April 09, 2006

Oven Roasted King Fish Steak

Both me and my husband love Fish compared to chicken or other nonveg items. But the grocery store we visit do not have much variety in fish, so we always end up buying tilapia fillets, not that its not great or anything, but we get bored of it sometimes.The past few weeks I found some king fish steaks which were very tempting, but the size of it made me think, morever I have not tasted king fish before..it looked more like 'vanchiram' in our place.But this week I decided to give it a try and brought back a nice beautiful piece of king fish steak.
Since the piece was very thick, I decided to roast it in the oven, as I do the chicken sometimes.
It turned out good and we both enjoyed it.
So here's how I did it.

Ingredients:
1 King fish steak (large)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp sombhu/fennel seeds powder( optional)
1tsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
salt to taste

Method:
Mix all the ingredients and make a paste.
smear oer the fish on all sides, and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for minimum 30 mins
Preheat the oven to 425F, place the fish in a tray covered with foil
bake for 10 mins on each side and then broil for 3 mins on each side.

Enjoy.


.

7 comments:

Kitchenmate said...

Sumi:
Looks very yummy. These days i started using oven a lot, though haven't used sombu powder in the marinade. It sure goes to my must do's along with Lasagna.

Lakshmi said...

have been tagged.

Unknown said...

Delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumi, you do have a pretty good Blog with yummy posts.Happy Blogging & cheers!

Sumi said...

Thanks Kitchenmate and Pushpa

Lakshmi, Thanks for tagging me
I am done with the meme

Thanks Lera for visiting my blog

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonu said...

the fish looks awesome...cant resist,its a must try receipe

Related Posts with Thumbnails